Monday, March 21, 2011

Boston Weekend - The Flight

My flight leaving for Boston on Friday night was by far one of the worst flight experiences I have ever had. I am not an anxious traveler by any means nor do I panic in times of turbulence or other unforseen instances.

My plane was filled with college spring breakers and college baseball/softball teams leaving from what I assume were spring training trips. The enthusiasim and chatter unfortunately became a little too much too handle. My seat on the plane was smack dab in the middle of a vortex of screaming immature college girls who thought they were riding on a school bus after just winning a championship game.

I am pretty sure I even saw some children on the flight doing this due to the high noise level.


One hour into the flight the pilot came over-head and said that one of the doors wasn't shut properly and the plane could not pressurize. At this point it was unclear if this was a cabin door or flight landing door. The pilot assured us we were safe and that one of two things would occur. 1. We would return to Orlando and try to land or 2. Try to troubleshoot the problem and continue onto Boston.

I found it funny that my head did not jump instantly to conclusions of the plane crashing and me to never be heard from again, however my thoughts traveled to me missing all of my bridal appointments scheduled for the next day. I was heart broken. Luckily we circled Orlando for a good hour to burn off the necessary feul, we landed in Orlando, had to de-plane and were lucky enough that Delta had a plane available for us to re-board and once again we were on our way. I did end up making my trip to Boston successfully and with new found knowledge: always travel with ear plugs. It's sad to say but I will never look at that University the same.

Arival time in Boston - 1:30 AM
Final bed time on Friday night - 3:30 AM
Total sleep count received the entire weekend - 6 hours

Me today at 10:00 AM. Yup texted my boss this morning to say I would be late.





I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

2 comments:

HazAlice said...

all of that lack of sleep was worth it though!!!!! :) The talking was worth every second.

Waggles said...

Very worth it!