Friday, February 18, 2011

All about the Benjamins

Groomzilla and I had a budget set in place from the beginning of our engagement but I can see how QUICKLY that budget can spiral out of control. As of late I feel like we are both treating our wedding expenses as “Oh its okay, it’s for the wedding”. I feel I am in that mind set if I want something for my wedding; I am going to pay the extra to have it. I just want my day to be special and beautiful and it pains me to realize that probably only few will notice half of the detail and thought we put into making our wedding day beautiful. I’m just curious where and when we went through the transformation from wedding budget conscience David and Tiffany to wedding extraordinaire Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.

Did anyone else experience similar experiences? Were you able to stay within your planned budget? What one thing did you completely splurge on?

2 comments:

Monica Gehllar said...

Yikes ~ tuff stuff! My top 3 splurges were:
My dress, the booze, n the food. But there were of course others. Heehee It can seem so dizzying and elating at the same time. I know it will all work out great for U! Can't wait for ur big day! I'm getting excited already :)

Waggles said...

Budget….What budget?