Monday, February 28, 2011

Photog Budget Help

The past couple weeks I have been researching photographers online and it seems the prices range immensely. We had originally set our budget for $1,500 (only because I literally had NO idea the cost). I know that I want at least 6-7 hours of full photog coverage. That will include getting ready pictures, ceremony, and reception pictures.

My research the past couple weeks has proved that photographers range anywhere from $1,500 to $3,000 plus.

There are so many out there how do you even begin to know which one to chose?! Do you go by style, creativity, packages they offer, cost, their actual personality??

What is an approximate budget for a photographer? Was I way off in thinking that I could get a decent photographer for $1500???

Recommendations in the Central Florida area are certainly appreciated.


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

6 comments:

sandytoesbride said...

When you interview photographers ask about tailoring a package specifically for you and Groomzilla. Mr. ST and I are not worried about buying albums or getting prints right away - we want a photographer that will take a minimum of 700 pictures and will allow us to buy the rights to our photos. Once we own the rights we can get albums printed at a later date (like for out 1 year anniversary). Trying to tailor a package is what cut the cost for us significantly.

Layla said...

Honestly, I don't know. We had no clue about wedding photography and we didn't think it was that important and we were soooo wrong. We booked a budget photographer (under a grand) and thought we were getting an awesome deal, but our pics are useless and I'm still unhappy about it. :( Whatever you do, just make sure the photographer is more than a person with a digital camera and editing software. It takes a lot more than that to be a photographer, but nearly everyone with both bills themselves as such.

Karen Pompea said...

I would investigate photographers in all price ranges. Check out their portfolios and work and don't assume they are better because they are more expensive. Then make a decision. There are many good ones out there. Good luck!

Jen said...

If you have a budget, you definately need to do it on cost. Cost and style. Have you checked out anyone's website yet or portfolio? I'd say pick a photographer you like and get the package that's within your budget :-)

Happy Tuesday Dear! xo

Oh, and pop by today for my perfume GIVEAWAY!!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I can only imagine...my friend who is getting married told me about her photographer search. good luck!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohh Im sorry...Im not sure how much they charge but I think you should totally try to stay in your budget. I bet you will find someone amazing! Kisses and hugs

Ps: I’m hosting an EmersonMade GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for spring:)