Since we missed out on yesterday's chili cookoff, Groomzilla and I decided to dig out the big old stock pot and make ourselves a little of our favortie chili recipe. We went grocery shopping this morning and now the chili is stewing on the stove. The smell is driving me mad. I included our very easy chili recipe below. I made it for my family while I was home over Christmas and everyone raved about it. I will give you the recipe under one condition: if you do make it, you must report back on how it came out!2 cans chili beans, do not drain
2 cans dark red kidney beans, drained
2 cans tomatos with hot or green chilis
1 sm. can tomato paste
2 lbs of hamburger
1 medium onion chopped
1/8 to 1/4 cup chili powder (I use about 1/4 c)
1 and a half cans of water (tom paste can)
Brown hamburger and chopped onion..drain..add everything else and simmer for about an hour. Will seem thick at first but will loosen up as it cooks.
That is it..I serve over rice or noodles, or use fritos for dipping, and sour cream of course!!

I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com
3 comments:
It is great chili and easy to make. MMMMM good.
Yummy..that looks like one great chili. Have a fantastic Monday,kisses
Mmmm chili :)
Post a Comment