Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Non-Wedding Wednesday

As I sat listening to the last speaker of the day ramble on about Health Care Reform at the conference I was attending for the past two days, I couldn’t help but let my mind wander off to thoughts of more important things. Like for one, what I should wear to a beach wedding I will be attending in April.

This is where I hope you will come into play; I need some fashion advice. The thought crossed my mind of recycling the beautiful green bridesmaid dress I wore in my sisters wedding back in June. I am sure she would be ecstatic to know I would be wearing the dress again. Unfortunately, that may not pose as the easiest option; I may or may not have jumped into my parent’s chlorinated pool wearing the dress with a few of the other bridesmaids at the after party of her wedding. My mother washed the dress but it still needs some restoration.

But beside the point, given I do find a good dry cleaner out there who would be willing to help, just curious if I ditched the pink sash for maybe a gold belt what color shoes would go? I’m afraid a gold belt with gold shoes would be a bit too matchy matchy. Could I get away with black or gold flip flops or dressy flat sandals?

And then what about accessories, jewelry and clutch? What colors?

Thoughts or help on this one?? Keep in mind this is a beach wedding.

This is also given that I am able repair the dress back to wearing capability. I am hopeful and optimistic!

I am grateful for any suggestions you have on this one!

Yep that is me playing the air guitar to who knows what after I had changed into my gold dancing flats

3 comments:

sandytoesbride said...

I would go with an accent pop of color - fuscia bag - dark chocolate heels and bronze and yellow gemstone (fake - Forever21 has a TON) - Mix it up! Have FUN. Sandals or flats are probably best. I've attended a few wedding since we live at the shore and we usually leave our shoes and walk barefoot in the sand.

Waggles said...

Music to my ears!!! Glad u will wear the dress again!

Karen Pompea said...

It would be nice to wear that dress again - but if yours is ruined can't you wear one of the other girls' dresses as you all are beautiful and slender.

I think beach weddings are hard - seems too bad to get all dolled up and have to wear flip flops for shoes......and I hate seeing a wedding dress dragged through the sand as some brides do......

Tiffy you have those 2 pretty dresses you were deciding between for the wedding that summer at the mansion at Avery Point? They were both beautiful.......Hard to think of the beach when I am sitting at my computer looking at a foot of snow outside.....LOL