Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Non-Wedding Wednesday

Blogzilla was born.

From the beginning Groomzilla has not been completely ecstatic that I refer to him as Groomzilla throughout my blog. I have reassured him that it is just a facetious name and does not at all ring to be true. So naturally in retaliation he birthed a new name for me “Blogzilla”.

A few weeks back I blogged here about wanting more out of my blog. Over the course of the few short weeks that followed, that idea could not have turned out to be more untrue. Once I realized that money could be made from blogging I instantly became obsessed with my number of followers, my stats, and researching how I could gain commissions from my blog. Unfortunately with being a bit technically challenged the time and frustrations that went into creating intense blog posts with pretty pictures and links was encouraging my stress level to rise a bit higher.

It was then that I had a revelation; here I am writing a blog about getting married when in turn the blog is taking me away from time being spent with Groomzilla, causing me frustration through technical difficulties, and by the end of it Groomzilla won’t even want to marry me anymore!

I had initially started out this blog with the intentions of doing it completely just for fun and as a way to update my friends and family of the happenings of my wedding planning. I have decided that just for fun is what I am going to continue doing until we finally do say “I Do”.

It just dawned on me; what will happen to the blog after we do say I Do? I suppose if you’re lucky the honeymoon will be recapped, maybe some high and low points from the wedding as well as any regrets, but hopefully there won’t be any of those, and then I suppose it will be time for us to part ways.

Can you really see someone with a face like this as a blogzilla??


6 comments:

RHODIE said...

I think your blog turned me into a blogzilla! LOL
You could be like Bethenny and after her show (Bethenny getting married ) the name changed. Your idea is great because you can keep the out of town peeps in the loop. But don't let it stress you out. There are tons of things to do that. I'm glad you decided to just have fun....xoxo

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

haha blogzilla...doesn't he know that blogs are all the rage? lol ;)

Waggles said...

Don't let the blog stress you out! Are you holding a large fork in you hand in the second picture!?!?

sandytoesbride said...

I agree- I have such high hopes of my blog going viral and becoming famous and companies offering to pay for things for my wedding if I mention them on my blog... not so sure, but I can dream right? After the wedding you should continue to blog about other important events in your life. :-)

Monica Gehllar said...

Spatula Wave Haha!

Work hard to play hard, but hey there's plenty of time for that in the future ;)

Groomzilla said...

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
She blogs and yells as the Internet goes down

She picks up her laptop and throws it back down
As she writes a blog about her wedding gown.

Oh no they say she's got go
Go go Blogzilla
Oh no there goes Tokyo
Go go Blogzilla