Monday, February 21, 2011

Cake Inspiration

I am envisioning something very simple but classy and elegant for our wedding cake. Here are a few of my original inspiration cake ideas until a co-worker reminded me of the taste of fondant. So now I am leaning more towards the butter cream frosting cake. I do love the navy ribbon and if possible I would like to have my florist incorporate some hot pink flowers the day of the wedding. I love how it’s so simple but still so pretty. I also love the Hexagon like cake but with pink flowers instead of the blue. I wonder if these can still be made somewhat similar but with butter cream frosting instead of fondant??

I am thinking 3 or 4 small tiers and either vanilla or red velvet. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I have heard that cake tastings are so much fun and since Groomzilla does not eat cake, means more for me. I can’t wait for that!!

Our cake budget is $500. Is that about right? What was your cake budget, did you come in under or over??

I'd love for past brides to email me pictures of the cake you chose for your wedding day.



I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Please thank your co-worker for me as fondant tastes awful. I agree that the hexagon is nicer and just so beautiful. The other one looks reminds me of a hat :)What flavor are you thinking of?

Waggles said...

I love them both! Also the blue ribbon with pink flowers and perfect!